Blueberry Powdered Sugar:
1. Combine the freeze-dried blueberries, powdered sugar and salt into a food processor and blitz until the blueberries turn into a fine dust. Pour the mixture into a shallow pan. Set aside.
1. Combine baking powder, baking soda, salt and all-purpose flour until combined. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, blueberry skyr, white sugar, melted butter, and vanilla bean paste until smooth and incorporated.
3. Add the dry mixture into the wet along with the frozen blueberries and fold together using a rubber spatula or your hand.
Note: The dough should be shaggy and slightly damp. If too wet you can add a little bit of flour to make the dough more cohesive.
4. Once the dough comes together and no dry bits remain, turn the dough onto a parchment and shape into a disc roughly one inch thick.
Note: Feel free to sprinkle your dough with a little flour as needed to help it from
5. Before you cut your donuts, heat up your frying oil. Pour about 2 inches of oil into a heavy bottomed pot. Heat your oil to about 350 degrees. While the oil heats up cut your donuts.
6. Using a 2-inch circle cutter, or any small cutter you have, cut donuts out of the dough. Use a small cutter to cut a hole in the center of each donut. Repeat this process.
7. Reroll any scraps and dough into a 1-inch disc again and cut more donuts.
8. Once the oil reaches a heat of 350F fry the doughnuts a few at a time, being careful not to overcrowd the pot. Fry on each side about 2 minutes, or until a deep golden brown.
9. Once fried, let the donuts cool for a few minutes on a paper towel lined rack.
10. When the donuts are no longer too hot to the touch, roll them in the blueberry powdered sugar mixture. Roll the donuts a few times to ensure a nice even coating.
11. Eat them hot, with a cup of coffee or with a dollop of skyr! Enjoy!