Senior Accounting Manager/Controller
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance & HR, the Senior Accounting Manager/Controller will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the company’s financials, overseeing a comprehensive set of controls, and directing the day-to-day accounting operations of the company. A successful candidate will be a proven expert and leader with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow.
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies and operations.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, and payroll.
- Oversee administration of corporate insurance policies including managing claims, renewals, and other related items.
- Manage the company’s line of credit with 3rd party to ensure maximum working capital.
- Manage commercial banking relationship.
- Lead month/quarter/year end close process to ensure timely and accurate financial statement preparation.
- In conjunction with the VP, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Support reporting to and requests from the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
Audit, Tax, & GAAP Compliance
- Lead annual audit by external accounting firm.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Monitor developments in accounting policy and ensure the company remains GAAP compliant
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; advanced degree and/or CPAs preferred
- At least 5-8 years of progressive experience including managing people; consumer-packaged goods industry experience is preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of US GAAP
- Demonstrated proficiency using ERP systems; NetSuite experience preferred but not required