Icelandic Provisions is a food start up with various lines of Skyr, made the traditional Icelandic way. With a solid consumer and business base to build on, we are looking for smart, motivated, and passionate individuals to join our growing team to help build the future of IP. We believe in putting best-in-class products in the market and take pride in being a provisions company. We are a growing start-up, so it is essential that candidates looking to join IP are comfortable working in a dynamic, ever-changing work environment.
Here are some additional interesting facts about our company:
• Icelandic Provisions (IP) mission statement is: STRENGTHENING BODIES AND MINDS THROUGH PURE PROVISIONS CREATED WITH ICELANDIC OPTIMISM AND PURPOSE
• IP has been among the fastest growing yogurt brands in the category since launching in 2016.
• Distribution has grown from 600 to over 10,000 stores in only four years. Retailers include Whole Foods, Wegmans, Safeway, Kroger, Target, HEB, Meijer, Publix, Ahold and Sprouts.
• As of Fall 2020, the portfolio has 22 SKUs with new and exciting launches to come in 2021 and beyond.
• Popular news/media outlet “Consumer Reports” reviewed all major yogurts in the category and concluded that IP was the #1 best tasting and healthiest.
• In July 2019, IP launched a new whole milk range that has already garnered two different World Dairy Innovation Awards, numerous top picks from key offline and online news media and shout outs by celebrities like Sarah Jessica Parker (unpaid). And in 2020 IP launched an extension of that line called Fruit & Nuts.
We are looking for a smart, motivated, and passionate HR talent that brings the relevant experience to support a growing small company in advancing the organizational culture and leading the day-to-day HR activities and processes that are core to elevating the employee experience at IP. This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer and will be a member of the Icelandic Provisions Leadership Team. This role is based out of the headquarter office in New York, NY.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The scope of this role includes the following core responsibilities:
• Culture – leads the design and development of a culture plan that is focused on further embedding the mission and values of IP and providing definition around our diversity and inclusion commitments and actions. Oversight for the design and execution of the annual employee engagement survey will be a component of this plan and the data and insights gathered should be reflected in the action planning associated with the evolving culture plans.
• Performance Management and Compensation – drives continuous improvement around the performance management process and leads a strategic re-design of the compensation process while also overseeing the day-to-day execution of the of the current processes.
• Strategic Organizational Projects – leads the design and execution of key strategic organizational projects that have been prioritized by the IP leadership team. Immediate areas of focus will center around creating and executing plans related to the following:
• Workforce Re-Entry Plan – leads the change management effort of transitioning employees from remote to in-person working and the move to a new headquarter office. This role will be responsible for setting up new ways of working, managing all administrative tasks associated with the move and office set-up, and facilitating the communication planning.
• Personal Development & Career Pathing – embedding personal development as a key process and step in the overall performance management process. Develop tools and guidelines to support managers and employees in having these discussions and creating meaningful plans that can be actioned and sustained.
• Fringe Benefits – developing and executing a plan on how to enhance the overall employee experience by providing additional supplemental benefits to the employees at IP. The additional benefits must align to the mission statement and support further embedding the values into the organizational culture.
• Recruitment & Hiring – plays a key role in managing all recruiting and hiring activities for the IP organization, including supporting Hiring Managers on the development of the business cases and job descriptions, managing the end-to-end recruitment process from posting and sourcing to the coordination of interviews, candidate care, and reference checking.
• On-Boarding and Integration – partners with Hiring Managers on managing activities and planning related to on-boarding and integrating new talent into the organization. This includes new hire set-up, developing integration plans, guiding the objective setting process, and ensuring new hires are set-up for success.
• Managing Employee Departures – supports Hiring Managers on transitioning employees out of IP including communication and transition planning, facilitating exit interviews, and gathering data/insights around how to improve the employee experience.
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant HR and/or business experience. MBA preferred, or BA in related fields with solid work experience
• Strong business acumen and the desire to learn and understand the P&L, linking all organizational priorities to driving profitability and growth for IP
• Has a passion for the natural foods industry and Health and Wellness in general
• Relevant experience leading HR/Organizational/Change projects in a fast-paced business environment
• Brings a “no task too small or too big mentality”
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and influence leaders at all levels
• Strong communication skills with the ability to drive cross-functional collaboration and communicate exceptionally, both written and verbally
• Experience in a dynamic CPG environment is a plus
The ideal candidate for any role within Icelandic Provisions needs to align to the values by exemplifying WÁOO (pronounced WOW!) in the way that they lead. We will naturally be assessing for the “wáoo” factor (i.e., did they “wáoo” you and will they “wáoo” others?) Here’s how we describe it: Welcoming, Ámbitious, Optimistic, On with the butter!
• WELCOMING – Food is one of the greatest connectors we have as humans. In the English language the word “companion,” in Spanish the word “companero,” in Italian the word “compagno,” and in French the word “copain” all come from the Latin meaning “with whom one eats bread.” We love this because we are a provisions company, and we value and embrace how food brings us together. So, it’s only natural that we are looking for talent that is hospitable, welcoming everyone and treating & accepting everyone as this is a core part of the culture at IP.
• AMBITIOUS – We have big dreams. We are eager, brave, passionate and love to punch above our weight. We compete in one of the most competitive categories in the consumer-packaged goods retail landscape and we are a small and mighty team. We are seeking individuals who are smart, entrepreneurial believers who are energized by charging toward a common goal to join our team.
• OPTIMISTIC – We are a glass half full company. Iceland is regarded as one of the happiest countries on earth despite being dark for much of the year. We are looking for individuals who are focused on the upside and shy away from negativity and know how to persevere no matter what the circumstances are.
• ON WITH THE BUTTER! – Put simply we do not like to dilly-dally. We connect dots, move, and then move on. There is an Icelandic phrase that is used to encourage people to get on with it called “áfram með smjörið” which literally translates as “get on with the butter.” We are seeking individuals who know how to make informed decisions and then quickly action them.
YOU’RE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE IF…
• You think working in a fast paced, ever changing, entrepreneurial environment is exciting
• You believe there is always a better way. You ask lots of questions, actively seek the opinions of others and love working collaboratively
• You are a “Swiss Army Knife” of talents and are comfortable with the often fluid, changing environment of a startup and want to make a positive and lasting impact
• The unknown, the ill-defined or the uncharted motivates you
• You are looking for a work environment without a lot of hierarchy, you like empowerment and have a “roll up your sleeves” mentality
• You have strong analytical skills balanced with a great sense of logic and pragmatism when it comes to problem solving
• You are self-aware, you pay attention to organizational dynamics, and you are comfortable pacing how you influence and drive organizational change
• You are both a doer and an optimist
WHAT ICELANDIC PROVISIONS OFFER:
• Exciting work environment in a small team and a great deal of autonomy
• Competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision insurance and 401k matching
• Flexible paid time off allowing to manage your time as it works for you
• Delicious Skyr available (for free) in the office